Ignatian Spiritual Exercises for Faculty, Administration, and Staff
Finding God in All Things
Who would embark on this experience...
The Spiritual Exercises of Ignatius are for those who seek:
- greater inner freedom
- deeper inner healing
- integrity and authenticity
- renewed fire and life energy
- deep, abiding peace
- renewed sense of purpose, direction, meaning
- a deeper sense of the sacred
- clearer sense of God's presence and activity in one's life
- a greater sense of connection with oneself, loved ones, the human family, and all creation
- a spirit of discernment
- a thirst for justice and peace
- a desire to serve others
- a deeper, more vibrant knowledge of and relationship with God/Jesus.
What personal commitment am I expected to make...
One making the Spiritual Exercises of Ignatius would be asked to:
- set aside 30 to 60 minutes each day to spend in prayer and reflection
- meet with a spiritual director/companion weekly for 45 minutes
- discuss with a spiritual director/companion the experiences, inner movements, and insights received as a result of the time spent in prayer/reflection and beyond
- remain open to the inner restlessness and desire for some change and/or growth in one's personal, social, and spiritual life.
The Spiritual Director/Companion is one who accompanies you in order to support and aid you in:
- noticing the sacred in your life
- noticing the reality of God's presence and activity in your prayer and life
- noticing the places of life and energy in your daily experience
- better trusting what you notice
- more appropriately responding to what you notice.
What time commitment am I expected to make...
Eight-week directed prayer experience
- eight weeks following several preparatory days
- 30 to 60 minutes of daily prayer and reflection throughout the eight weeks
- 45 minutes each week to meet with a spiritual director throughout the eight weeks.
Five-month directed prayer experience
- five months following several preparatory days
- 30 to 60 minutes of daily prayer and reflection throughout the five months
- 45 minutes each week to meet with a spiritual director throughout the five months.
For further information, contact:
Jim Bowler, S.J.
(203) 254-4000, ext. 7203