Why Fairfield? Education for an Inspired Life
"A Fairfield University education has become more integrated in focus, more global in outlook, and more intentional in its structure than ever before. In the Jesuit tradition, we are committed to creating a student-focused, holistic, and diverse educational environment - intended to educate the whole person - mind, body, and spirit. We want to cultivate in both our undergraduate and graduate students a sense of community and strong ethical and spiritual values to guide them on their paths into the future. Join us in this community enterprise, where all of us are called to come together in the spirit and practice of collaboration."
- Jeffrey P. von Arx, S.J., President
Who We Are
Fairfield University is a Catholic, Jesuit university - one of 28 in the United States. Our mission touches everything we do.
- We're committed to broad intellectual inquiry - so we offer a comprehensive core curriculum.
- We attend to the whole self - body, mind, and spirit - so we offer distinctive living and learning experiences like the Ignatian Residential College.
- We believe in lifelong learning - so we integrate Jesuit values in graduate and professional studies.
- We pursue social justice and global citizenship - so we offer an astounding range of opportunities for service and civic engagement.
We ask the hard questions, listen closely, and care enough about the world to study it, work in it, make it better.
Our graduates build vital, meaningful lives. They think critically and independently, they know how to lead and how to work together, and they've done enough important work in the world to know why their work - and their world - matters.
- Our graduates take positions at distinguished corporations, innovative start-ups, and national non-profits.
- Many spend a year or two in global service programs or attend the nation's top graduate and professional schools.
- A startling number of our seniors have won Fulbright Fellowships - year-long scholarships that support post-graduate research in other countries.
As a student at Fairfield University, you'll have access to 50 approved study abroad programs, an expansive list of internships in every field, ambitious initiatives in civic engagement and service learning - the world is waiting!