The maintenance operations group includes the grounds crew, craft mechanics (carpenters), a locksmith, and painters. The staff performs regularly scheduled maintenance of all buildings and grounds and fulfills specific work order requests submitted by other departments, offices, and individuals. The staff also are responsible for observing general conditions on campus and addressing issues or problems that need repair.
The staff operate primarily out of the Maintenance Complex, which consists of the former dairy barn and adjacent buildings that were part of the original Lasher Estate which included a little more than half of the campus today.
General services and duties of maintenance operations include:
- Issuing all keys and maintaining locks on buildings and doors (in collaboration with Public Safety)
- Installation and replacement of interior and exterior campus signage
- Small to medium-scale painting projects
- Lawn mowing, fertilization, plantings, tree maintenance
- Snow removal
- Moving of furniture, chairs, and equipment
- Placement and removal of equipment and materials associated with events and special programs
- Small to medium-scale carpentry, maintenance, or improvement projects
- Small to medium-scale repairs due to normal wear-and-tear, breakage by accident, or vandalism