The Integrated Nursing & Health Studies Initiative (INHSI) is an interdisciplinary approach that combines a cutting-edge inter-school health studies curriculum at Fairfield University with exciting new opportunities for applied learning, discovery and student engagement, and community outreach. TheInitiative consists of three interconnected programmatic elements:
1) Curriculum: Undergraduate students have the opportunity to complete a minor in Health Studies.
2) Discovery & Applied Learning: Students have a variety or opportunities for growth, such as: attend presentations given by leaders in the field of health and science; compete in proposal submissions for healthcare business ventures; and participate in collaborative and interdisciplinary research.
3) Community Outreach & Engagement: Students will have the opportunity to participate in new activities on and off campus concerning health awareness, prevention and research.
Promoting integrated Health Science Education to meet the urgent demands of health care systems and industries in the 21st Century. Executive Summary (PDF)
- Jesuit Mission and Liberal Arts Core
- Strong Pre-Health Professions program, outcomes for students
- Nationally recognized Nursing program and robust recruitment and retention across health sciences
- Culture of student/faculty research with excellent outcomes
- Commitment to community engaged teaching and research with strong partnerships including Jesuit Universities Humanitarian Action Network and the Office of Service Learning