University Registrar - How to Order a Transcript
All transcripts are housed in the University Registrar's Office for all schools since their inception. In addition, transcripts are housed for the former Graduate School of Communication, which closed in 1990, and for the former Bridgeport Engineering Institute that was acquired by Fairfield University in 1994 and is now part of our School of Engineering.
Transcripts requests will only be fulfilled if there are no holds on a student's account.
There are two options to request a transcript.
Option 1: Order Transcript Online
Fairfield University has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide ordering through the internet. The National Student Clearinghouse provides online ordering services for our students, former students, and alumni 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This option allows you to pay by any major credit card. There is a charge of $4.00 per transcript. In addition, a service charge of $2.25 will be charged for each address your transcripts are sent to. If you have multiple transcripts sent to one address, you will only incur one service charge.
- Go to the National Student Clearinghouse website.
- The website walks you through placing your order, including delivery options and fees. There is no limit to the number of transcripts you can order in one session.
- Your signed consent will be required to fulfill your transcript order. For your convenience, you may sign the consent form electronically online, or print and fax the consent form.
- You will receive e-mail confirmation of receipt, processing, and mailing of your transcript. Your credit card will be charged after the transcript order is complete.
Option 2: Use the Transcript Request Form
Please note: Using this option does not provide any confirmation or tracking services. Transcripts are $4.00 each. There is no additional service charge for this option. This option does not allow payment by credit card.
- Complete the transcript request form in person at the University Registrar's Office, located in the Kelley Center. Cash, checks, or money orders are the only form of payment accepted.
- Download the transcript request form and mail it, along with a check or money order for the total cost of your transcripts. If you need transcripts sent to multiple locations, please note the additional addresses on the back of the form.
University Registrar's Office
1073 North Benson Road
Fairfield, CT 06824
If you need your transcripts sent overnight, there is an additional fee of $16.00 per transcript recipient. Please note that overnight requests require a physical address, and cannot be sent to a PO Box.
Current students can access their unofficial transcripts by logging into their my.Fairfield account.
Contact the University Registrar's Office by phone at (203) 254-4288.