Irish Studies Events
2013-2014 Irish Studies Events
The "Irish in Film" Series. Held Wednesday nights at the DiMenna-Nyselius LIbrary Multimedia Room at 7 p.m.
1. April 2. On Another Man's Wound (2008)
Introduced by: Cormac O'Malley; Author, Editor, Lecturer
2. April 9. The Crying Game (1992)
Introduced by: Dr. Bob Epstein (English)
3. April 16. Michael Collins (1996)
Introduced by: Dr. William Abbott (History)
4. April 23. Breakfast on Pluto (2006)
Introduced by: Dr. Nels Pearson (Dir. Irish Studies) & Christina Wilson, special guest
1. October 2. Young Cassidy (1965).
Presented by Dr. Nels Pearson, Director of Irish Studies
2. October 9. Angela's Ashes (1999).
Presented by Dr. William Abbott, History Department
3. October 16. In America (2002).
Presented by novelist Mary Pat Kelly and Screenwriter Naomi Sheridan
4. October 23. Disco Pigs (2001).
Presented by Dr. Bob Epstein, English Department
An Evening With Paul Muldoon, Pulitzer Prize-winning poet and poetry editor of The New Yorker. Wednesday, November 13, 6 p.m., Dolan School of Business Dining Room
Stephen Rea, Dramatic readings from James Joyce's Ulysses
*DATE CHANGE: Wednesday, March 19, 2014. 7 p.m. at the Quick Center for the Arts: 203-254-4010
For more information, contact Dr. Nels Pearson