Admission Procedures

Please note: Applicants to each program, except Early Childhood Studies, must hold a master's degree in a related discipline.

Matriculated Student Admission

Those seeking formal admission to an advanced training certificate program must complete the following procedures. Submit all materials to: Office of Graduate and Continuing Studies Admission, Fairfield University, 1073 North Benson Road, Fairfield, CT 06824

  1. Apply online and complete the formal application.
  2. Non-refundable $60 application fee.
  3. Submit your official undergraduate and graduate transcripts showing degrees earned.
    • For admission into the Advanced Training Certificate in School-based Marriage & Family Therapy, please provide documentation of your passing scores on the Praxis I or submit a Praxis I waiver.
  4. Submit a brief personal statement describing why you want to pursue the advanced training certificate for which you are applying.
  5. Submit a professional resume.

**Please Note: Prior to registering for any courses in the following programs, you must provide evidence of having been fingerprinted:

  • Advanced Training Certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis
  • Advanced Training Certificate in Early Childhood Studies
  • Advanced Training Certificate in School-based Marriage & Family Therapy

Learn more on the background check and fingerprinting.

Send all admission documents to:

Fairfield University
Office of Graduate and Continuing Studies Admission
1073 North Benson Road
Fairfield, CT 06824
Questions: (203) 254-4184

Non-Matriculated Admission

Qualified applicants who have not completed the formal admission process may apply for permission to enroll as non-matriculated students and earn up to 6 credits in a certification program or 9 credits in a non-certification program. Please note: In order to be awarded the program certificate and have the certificate designated on your transcript, you must be a fully matriculated student at the time of program completion.

For non-matriculated admission, use the following procedure:

  1. Please call the GSEAP Dean's office at (203) 254-4250 to be directed to the advisor for the program that interests you.
  2. Schedule an appointment.
  3. Obtain a copy (official or unofficial) of your undergraduate and graduate transcripts that show the degrees you have earned. You will need to bring your transcripts with you to the University to be reviewed.
  4. Complete the online admission application and pay the $60.00 application fee.

About Us →

Admission & Aid →

Academics →

Life at Fairfield →

Parents & Families →

Alumni & Friends →

Athletics →