Applicants to the Counselor Education program must hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university (or the international equivalent) and give promise of meeting the standards set by the School.
Formal Admission Process
Students seeking admission must submit:
- A Completed application.
- A Non-refundable $60 Application Fee paid by credit card.
- A Professional Resume. Applicants are required to submit a current resume that includes employment and education history (submit online).
- An Admission Essay. Students should describe why they want to undertake graduate studies in Counselor Education (submit online).
- Official Transcripts verifying completion of an undergraduate degree. (All foreign transcripts must be evaluated by an approved evaluating service.)
- School Counseling only - Passing scores for the PRAXIS Core Academic Skills for Educators tests (formerly PRAXIS I exam) or have this requirement waived based on appropriate SAT, ACT, GRE or PAA scores.
- Two Recommendation Forms and Letters, one of which must be, preferably, from a current employer or supervisor. The Recommendations are completed online. At the time of application you will need to provide your two Recommender's names and email addresses.
- Participation in an Admission Interview.
Students from Non-English Speaking Countries
Students from non-English speaking countries are required to submit a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score report. A TOEFL composite score of 550 for the paper test, 213 for the computer-based, or 84 on the Internet-based test (iBT) with a minimum score of 21 in reading and 23 in writing is strongly recommended for admission. Fairfield's ETS code is 3390.
All application materials for formal admission should be sent to:
Office of Graduate and Continuing Studies Admission
1073 North Benson Road
Fairfield, CT 06824-5195
Phone: (203) 254-4184
Fax: (203) 254-4073
How to Apply
For detailed admission requirements, please refer to the links below:
Application Information for International Applicants
Students applying for the Graduate School of Education and Allied Professions have a number of scholarship and financial aid opportunities specific to their education. To be considered for financial aid, Fairfield University requires students to complete a FAFSA form. For further information, visit the Office of Financial Aid.