Career & Professional Opportunities
Through Fairfield's Master of Arts in School Psychology, you'll learn:
- Knowledge and skills to provide assessment services for children with special cognitive, behavioral, or emotional needs
- Direct intervention skills to counsel individuals, small groups, and those in crisis
- To indirectly serve children and their families, the entire school community, as well as the neighboring community at large through:
- Implementing primary prevention programs
- Engaging in consultee-centered consultation
- Conducting applied research
Fairfield University M.A. in School Psychology graduates leave Fairfied with their Masters degree and their Certificate of Advanced Study or Sixth Year degree, and are eligible to be endorsed by the University to Connecticut State for an Initial Educator Certificate allowing them to obtain employment in a public school setting with students ranging in age from preschool to twelfth grade.
Learn more about how the University's Career Planning Center can support your post-graduate goals, and how Fairfield's tight-knit alumni network can build career and mentoring opportunities that last a lifetime.