M.S. in Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner Track - Admission
Applicants for the M.S. in Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner Track must hold a baccalaureate degree in nursing from a regionally accredited college or university (or the international equivalent) with a quality point average of 3.0 or higher preferred. RN applicants who have a non-nursing bachelor's degree will be considered on an individual basis and may be required to complete select prerequisites to be eligible for admission to the MSN program.
Family Nurse Practitioner: Rolling until April 1
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner: Rolling until August 1
Nursing Leadership: Rolling until August 1
Formal Admission Process
Students seeking admission must submit:
- A Completed application (apply online)
- A Non-refundable $60 application fee (paid online)
- A Professional Resume. Applicants are required to submit a current resume that includes employment and education history.
- A Personal Statement
- Discuss a practice problem in your field that, in your experience, has a broad impact on patient care outcomes
- State professional goals for the next 5-10 years.
- Explain how the degree you are seeking will aid you in reaching your goals.
- Official transcripts verifying completion of an undergraduate degree. (All foreign transcripts must be evaluated by an approved evaluating service.)
- Two Recommendation Forms and Letters, one of which must be from a current supervisor or professor.
- Copy of current RN License to practice in the state of Connecticut.
Students from non-English speaking countries are required to submit a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score report. A TOEFL composite score of 550 for the paper test, 213 for the computer-based, or 79-80 on the Internet-based test (IBT) is strongly recommended for admission. Fairfield's ETS code is 3390.
All transcripts should be sent to:
Office of Graduate and Continuing Studies Admission
1073 North Benson Road
Fairfield, CT 06824-5195
Phone: (203) 254-4184
Fax: (203) 254-4073
For detailed admission requirements, please refer to the links below:
Tuition and Fees can be found here.
To be considered for financial aid, Fairfield University requires students to complete a FAFSA form. For further information, visit the Office of Financial Aid.