RN-BSN and Second Degree Students
Applicants to the School of Nursing should send original supporting application materials that cannot be uploaded into the online application (e.g., original college transcripts, test scores/waivers, etc.) to:
Office of Part-Time and Continuing Studies Admission
1073 North Benson Rd
Fairfield, CT 06824-5195
- A Completed Application for Admission Form. Complete the online application to apply to the School of Nursing Adult Learner Programs. After you have submitted your application, you can use this site to track the status of your application, and check if your supporting documents, such as transcripts and recommendations, have been received.
- A Professional Resume. Applicants are required to submit a current resume that includes employment and education history.
- A Personal Statement describing your purpose in undertaking a baccalaureate nursing education. Include the factors or experience that led to your decision to pursue a BSN at Fairfield University.
- Official transcripts verifying completion of an undergraduate degree. (All foreign transcripts must be evaluated by an approved evaluating service.)
- Two Recommendation Forms and Letters, one of which must be, preferably, from a current employer or supervisor. Recommendtions are completed online and you will need to enter the email address of your recommender.
- Interviews. Applicants are required to participate in an interview with the Adult Program Director as part of the admission process. Candidates can contact the School of Nursing office (203) 254-4150 to schedule an appointment.
- RN License for RN/BSN applicants only.
Measles and Rubella Immunization: Connecticut law requires that students born after December 31, 1956 provide proof of measles and rubella immunization. Although this is not required to complete an application, you must provide proof of immunization prior to course registration. Please keep in mind that this process can take some time, and that you must be in compliance before registration. Immunization verification information should be submitted directly to the University's Health Center. Download form.
In addition to the requirements listed above, you must also submit:
- Certificate of finances in U.S. dollars. Bank seal & official bank signature is required on bank letterhead. Download form.
- Certified English translations and course-by-course evaluations from approved evaluators of all academic records.
- TOEFL test results if student's native language is not English. Fairfield's ETS code is 3390. (composite score of 550 for the paper test or 213 for the computer-based test, or 80 for the Internet based test is recommended)
For International Transfer Students
International transfer students currently in the US with an F-1 Visa and attending another institution must submit the following documentation in addition to the above application requirements 30 days prior to the start of the semester:
- A copy of the student's unexpired passport visa
- A copy of the I-94 Arrival/Departure Record (the small, white card stapled into the passport)
- Copies of the previous I-20's issued to the student by other institutions
- SEVIS Transfer form
Application deadlines for International Students
Students must submit all application materials at least three months prior to the start of the program.