Summer @ Fairfield
Summers at Fairfield University are anything but quiet. During the summer we open our campus to students of all ages for our Summer Programs. Whether you're a high school student looking to earn college credit or just interested in expanding your knowledge, we offer dozens of programs, camps, and conferences. Additional Information for parents.
If you are interested in hosting a camp, conference, or event at Fairfield University, please visit the Office of Conference and Event Management to learn more about the many options and amenities available on campus.
- 3-Credit Courses - Be productive - earn transferable college credits in a wide variety of subject areas through on campus classes (one-or five-week sessions starting in May) or choose from over 50 online courses.
- The Fairfield University Research Experience for Undergraduates Program in Mathematics and Computational Science (REU): REU is an eight-week summer program that provides active and original research opportunities for undergraduates. Student participants will work in small groups on focused research topics under the guidance of a Fairfield faculty mentor. We provide stipends and free housing on the Fairfield campus located just north of New York City.
- Graduate School of Education and Allied Professions - For education professionals, expand your knowledge and enrich your career through a variety of summer courses, Advanced Training Certificate Programs (ATC), professional workshops, and three-credit courses.
- Personal & Professional Enrichment - Take a course in art history or enroll in a certificate program in Interior Design. Check out the many other opportunities for personal and professional enrichment this summer.
- Institute for Lifelong Learners - Open to all retired and semi-retired people over 55; the only requirement for joining is an intellectual curiosity.
- CT Writing Project - Improve your methods on how to teach students how to write through a rich assortment of programs, including Institutes on teaching writing, teaching literature, and using technology in literacy classrooms.
- Graduate Information Sessions - Attend a Grad Information Session on campus this summer and learn more about Fairfield's 40 graduate programs and how they can advance your career and inspire your life!
- Fairfield University is pleased to announce that our Spiritual Direction Formation Program will be offered in North Carolina, beginning in August 2013. This program will be held at St. Francis Springs Prayer Center in Stoneville, NC (just north of Greensboro). The Rev. James Bowler, S.J., a longtime member of the Fairfield faculty and administration, will lead the North Carolina program.
- BASE Camp - Thank you for your interest in BASE Camp! Free for 10th & 11th grade Bridgeport high school young women interested in science - come and experience the thrill of hands-on learning and discovery through scientific research. This two-week overnight camp is free of charge to students. All meals and lodging on campus are included. Space is limited to 30 students.
- Summer Scholars - A two-week program for motivated high school students seeking a college academic and enrichment experience.
- Filmmaking Summer Camp - Students will receive intensive individual instruction thrghout the week, leading to the production and screening of their own short digital films. Topics covered include film language and technique, screen writing, camera operation, lighting elements, audio recording, directing, producing, and digital editing.
- The Arts
Missoula Children's Theatre - This renowned young people's summer theatre program offers six sessions and five productions from which to choose. The preeminent professional children's theatre company is a non-profit organization from Missoula, Montana, that tours the country and serves 300 communities every year.
Emagination Computer Camps - For 30 years Emagination has been the perfect summer camp for kids around the world who love technology.
National Computer Camps - America's original computer camp since 1977. Campers ages 7-18 may sign up for one or more one week sessions of residential and day programs. Each week beginner to advanced levels are offered. An optional sports program is available. A weekly morning only program is offered for 7-8 year olds. The camp is directed by Michael Zabinski, Ph.D., Professor, Fairfield University.
Summer Institute for the Gifted - SIG Day programs are 3-week academic summer camps for gifted and talented students ages 4-12. The program combines captivating courses with social, cultural and recreational opportunities for a truly engaging summer.
Nike Baseball Camp, Trevor Brown at (203) 254-4000, ext. 3178 or email@example.com
Sydney Johnson Basketball Camp, Kyle Koncz at (203) 254-4000, ext. 2791, firstname.lastname@example.org
Joe Frager Basketball Camp for Girls, Sabra Wrice at (203) 254-4000, ext. 3326, cell (203) 382-3018, e-mail email@example.com
Invasion Field Hockey Camp, Jackie Kane at (203) 254-4000, ext. 2471 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sound Lacrosse (203) 254-4000, ext. 2723, email@example.com
Academy of Excellence - Little Kickers Day Camp, (203) 254-4000, ext. 2943, firstname.lastname@example.org
Academy of Excellence - Elite Camp (Girl's), (203) 254-4000, ext. 2943
Planet Soccer Day Camp, (203) 254-4000 ext. 3149, email@example.com
Elite ID Camp (Boy's) (Boy's), (203) 254-4000 ext. 3149, firstname.lastname@example.org
Nike Softball Camp, 1-800-NIKE-CAMPS (1-800-645-3226)
Nike Swim Camp, Jeremy Howard at email@example.com