Group Visit Guidelines
Group Visits - Summer 2015
Thank you for your interest in Fairfield University! We are excited to host your group on campus. Please read all information on this page before submitting a group visit request.
- Please allow at least 2 weeks notice for all group visit requests.
- We will do our best to accommodate all requests, but due to regularly scheduled visits alternative dates may need to be considered.
- Elementary and middle schools can only be accommodated during the summer months (June-August).
- The maximum number of students for a group visit is 40. For every 10 students, there must be 1 chaperone present.
- We are unable to accommodate group visits on the weekend.
The following dates are available to schedule group visits during the summer 2015 semester:
June 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
July 1, 2, 7, 8, 9, 10, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
August 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20 , 21
Group Visits can be scheduled from: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday - Thursday and
9 a.m. OR 11 a.m. on Fridays.
Group Visits can include an information session followed by a tour or just a tour alone.
Information Session Options
Early Awareness - This information session is designed to introduce students to the college search process. Topics covered will include: why go to college?, what to look for (size, location, etc.), what colleges look for (academics, extracurriculars, test scores, etc.), making college affordable and how to pay. Session will conclude with a general overview of Fairfield University.
Regular - This is our normal information session which covers general facts and figures about Fairfield, our Jesuit heritage, and then an extensive overview of the application process. This session also covers deadlines, financial aid (need-based and merit-based), and other areas.
The Group Visit Request
Please provide all of the following details regarding your group:
- Name of organization/group/school
- Contact person's name
- Contact person's e-mail
- Contact person's phone number
- Number of students
- Grade level of students
- Number of chaperones (please remember that we require 1 chaperone for every 10 students)
Specific to the group visit, please provide the following information:
- 1st choice date
- 2nd choice date (in the event that your 1st choice date is not available)
- Information Session choice (please refer to above "Information Session Options" and choose "Early Awareness" or "Regular")
Please send all group visit requests via e-mail to Tracey Guild, Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admission and Group Visit Coordinator. Communications regarding group visits will be done via e-mail. We look forward to welcoming your group to campus!