A healthy endowment provides a permanent, continuously growing stream of funds so Fairfield can continue to provide a high quality Jesuit education for talented young women and men, generation after generation. Leadership contributions from inspired individuals at the major gift level ($50,000 and above) keep Fairfield University strong. A major gift to Fairfield can be structured in many ways, including multi-year pledges, and will benefit the institution for years to follow.
There are many avenues by which your major gift can have a significant impact on the University:
- An endowed scholarship provides equitable access to a Fairfield education for students who otherwise might not be able to afford it.
- A teaching and research endowment promotes innovation in teaching and curriculum, and faculty research. Find out how
E. Gerald Corrigan '63 invested in Fairfield with an endowed scholarship and Chair in the humanities and social sciences.
- Program endowments can significantly enhance a particular area of study or campus life while matching a donor's wishes and the University's needs. Take a look at how a generous endowed gift from Steve and Kim Bepler supports Fairfield's Ignatian Residential College.
- Gifts for facilities provide the much-needed space and equipment to support Fairfield's outstanding academics, arts, and athletics. They also give donors the opportunity to celebrate their interests while contributing toward a lasting physical space, enjoyed and used by students and the community for multiple generations. For instance, The Bellarmine Museum of Art at Fairfield, which opened in October 2010, was made possible with a significant gift from John Meditz '70.
- Challenge grants are popular, and encourage others to participate. Read about how Robin Kanarek '96 and her family foundation put forth a challenge grant to equip the Learning Resource Center in the School of Nursing.
To find out more about how you can create a living legacy through a major gift, please contact:
Robert P. Cottle
Assistant Vice President of Development
1073 North Benson Road
Fairfield, CT 06824
Phone: (203) 254-4000, ext. 2930