M.S. in Mathematics
Fairfield University's Master of Science in Mathematics is open to all who wish to add an interesting and useful dimension to their previous education. It offers particular appeal to:
- Middle and secondary school teachers
- Those in business and industry whose work is quantitative in nature
- Anyone considering teaching in community colleges
- Those seeking a solid preparation before pursuing a Ph.D. in mathematics or other technical field
- B.A./B.S. degree holders who wish to challenge themselves and enhance their credentials through graduate level courses without making the commitment to a Ph.D.
Individuals who wish to take advanced courses in mathematics without pursuing a degree are also welcome. In addition, the department offers a graduate certificate program in the mathematics of finance which is a 4-course sequence that can be applied to the M.S. degree.
As a graduate student in Mathematics, you'll work with a highly trained faculty that really care about your welfare and education. Our faculty is comprised of working mathematicians who are both active researchers and dedicated teachers, and pride themselves in being accessible to their students.
Fairfield's M.S. in Mathematics is designed to teach you both the necessary theoretical skills to learn advanced mathematics as well as the quantitative methods needed to apply these results to real world problems. We invite you to learn more about the program's courses, faculty, and director. Have more questions? Read our FAQs or contact us.