M.A. in Communication - Message from the Director
Dear Prospective Student,
Communication is a fundamental social process. The realities that we live in - in all contexts and situations - are constructed, maintained, and affected by communication in its various forms. Should you pursue an M.A. degree in Communication at Fairfield, you will be better prepared to:
- Understand yourself personally
- Understand the relationships in which you engage
- Appreciate the ethical dimensions of communication
- Understand how organizations, societies, and cultures are both affected by and contribute to communication
- Learn specific philosophies, theories, methods, and techniques required to practice and study communication
- Contribute solutions to the many social problems for which communication solutions are required
- Advance yourself in your career
Fairfield's M.A. in Communication is based on the strong values and ideals of a traditional Jesuit education, while also being fully up-to-date on the latest developments in communication theory, research, practice, and application. The faculty who will co-design your curriculum with you is a diverse and experienced group of scholars, researchers, teachers, and professionals. We look forward to working together on a one-on-one basis to further your personal goals.
An academically rigorous and personally focused M.A. program will contribute significantly to your personal development, your career success, and the contribution you can make to the communities and organizations in which you live and work. Please follow the links to the left to further explore the possibilities of advanced study in communication at Fairfield University, and e-mail me directly if you have any questions.
Dr. Michael Pagano
Associate Professor & Program Director