The campus map is provided for your reference.
| 1. Kelley (Aloysius P.), S.J. Center
Offices for Undergraduate and
Graduate Admission, Financial Aid,
Registrar, Career Planning,
StagCard, Student Support,
2. Loyola Hall
Ignatian Residential College
3. Canisius Hall
College of Arts and Sciences,
Graduate School of Education and
Allied Professions, Center for
Faith & Public Life, Center
for Catholic Studies
4. Donnarumma Hall
Carl & Dorothy Bennett Center
for Judaic Studies
5. Egan Chapel of St.
Pedro Arrupe, S.J.
Campus Ministry Center
6. Bellarmine Hall
President & Executive Offices,
7. Jesuit Community Center
(St. Ignatius Hall)*
8. Dolan (Charles F.) School
Center for Applied Ethics
9. Quick (Regina A.) Center
for the Arts
Aloysius P. Kelley, S.J. Theatre
Thomas J. Walsh Gallery
Wien Theatre/Black Box
10. DiMenna-Nyselius Library
Center for Academic Excellence
11. Bannow (Rudolph F.)
|12. School of Nursing
13. Barone (John A.) Campus
Oak Room, Main Dining Hall,
Bookstore, Jazzman's Café,
Snack Bar and Offices for FUSA,
WVOF, Residence Life, Diversity,
and Student Affairs
14. Alumni Hall - Sports Arena
15. Quick (Leslie C.), Jr.
16. Berchmans Hall - Fairfield Prep
17. Xavier Hall - Fairfield Prep
University Media Center
18. North Benson Road -
19. North Benson Road -
20. North Benson Road -
21. McAuliffe Hall
School of Engineering, Bursar,
Offices for Finance, Purchasing
and Central Receiving
22. Alumni House
Alumni Relations Office
23. The Levee
24. Lessing Field
25. Tennis Courts
26. Walsh (Thomas J.), Jr.
27. Alumni Field
28. Student Townhouse Complex
29. Alumni Diamond
30. Dolan Campus
A. Dolan (John C.) Hall*
Student Health Center
B. Dolan (David J.) House
C. Dolan (Thomas F.) Commons
Offices for Computing &
Network Services, Human
Resources, Design & Digital
|31. University Field
32. Basketball Courts
33. Alumni Softball Field
34. Campion Hall
35. 70 McCormick Road
36. Jogues Hall
37. Barone (John & Rose) House
38. Regis Hall
39. Gonzaga Hall
40. PepsiCo Theatre
41. Early Learning Center
42. The Kathryn P. Koslow
Family Counseling Center
43. President's House
44. Barlow Field
45. Maintenance Complex
46. Bellarmine Pond
47. 42 Bellarmine Road
48. St. Robert's House
49. Jesuit Residence,
611 Holland Hill Road
50. Jesuit Residence,
55 Barlow Road
51. Hopkins Pond
52. The Village
A. #51 McInnes Road
B. Kostka Hall
C. Claver Hall
D. #47 Mahan Road
53. Central Utility Facility
54. Fr. Brissette Athletic Center
55. Grauert Field
* New/recent construction or renovation
The Buildings and Facilities on Campus
1. Aloysius P. Kelley. S.J. Center, completed in 2006, is a state-of-the-art administration building and welcoming center. Named for Fr. Kelley, who served as University president from 1979 to 2004, the 23,707-square-foot building houses a 90-seat auditorium, conference rooms, and the offices of Graduate and Continuing Studies Admission, Student Programs and Leadership Development, Student Support Services, Undergraduate Admission, Financial Aid, the Registrar, and Enrollment Management, as well as the StagCard Office and the Career Planning Center.
2. Loyola Hall is a residence hall for 211 students that also contains the Ignatian Residential College and the Department of Public Safety. It also houses fine arts studios, classrooms, and the Metropolitan Art Cast Collection as well as the Lukacs Gallery and Gallery 10 Experimental Space. Built in 1955, it honors St. Ignatius Loyola (1490-1556), founder of the Society of Jesus and author of "Spiritual Exercises."
3. Canisius Hall contains the administrative offices of the academic vice president, the College of Arts and Sciences, the Graduate School of Education and Allied Professions, the Culpeper Language Resource Center, the Mutrux Visual Resource Collection, faculty offices, classrooms, multimedia rooms, and the offices for International Studies, Institutional Research, and the Women's Studies Center. Opened in 1957, it was named for St. Peter Canisius, S.J. (1521-1597), founder of schools in Germany and the first Jesuit university president. The building was completely renovated in 1994.
4. Donnarumma Hall, completed in 1981, has more than 90 offices for faculty from various disciplines, including arts and sciences, designed to foster research and conferences with students; a computer laboratory; and the Center for Judaic Studies created through a gift from the Carl and Dorothy Bennett Foundation. A three-story, uniquely energy-efficient building, it is stylistically similar to adjacent Canisius Hall. Originally known as the Faculty Office Building, it was renamed to honor Politics Professor Carmen Donnarumma, a faculty member from the opening of university classes in 1947 until he retired in 1992.
5. Egan Chapel of St. Ignatius Loyola, built in 1990, is centrally located on campus and contains a chapel with flexible seating for 500 on one level and the Pedro Arrupe, S.J. Campus Ministry Center on the lower level. The chapel was built with the assistance of a gift by William P. and Jacalyn Egan in memory of his parents, and honors St. Ignatius, founder of the Society of Jesus. The Campus Ministry Center honors Fr. Arrupe, former superior general of the Jesuits. Pedro Arrupe, S.J. Campus Ministry Center is located on the lower level of the Egan Chapel of St. Ignatius Loyola. It is named in honor of Fr. Arrupe, the superior general of the Society of Jesus who urged the service of faith and the promotion of justice. The center houses Campus Ministry programs for spiritual formation and volunteer service. It contains offices of the University chaplains and student meeting rooms and was the gift of John and Mary Kay Sachs and family.
6. Bellarmine Hall, the University's administrative center, was the Jesuit residence from 1942 until 1981. It houses the offices of the President, advancement, development, marketing and public relations. It was renovated in 1982 and its charm as an English manor-style mansion was retained. Originally known as Hearthstone Hall, Bellarmine Hall was built in 1920 as the main house of the Lashar Estate. It was renamed in honor of St. Robert Bellarmine, S.J. (1542-1620), cardinal and patron saint of Fairfield University.
7. Jesuit Community Center, completed in 2009, is an Apostolic outreach center for 27 Jesuits engaged in varied apostolates, and their colleagues, both at the University, Fairfield College Preparatory School and elsewhere. It also is home to 12 Jesuits.
8. Charles F. Dolan School of Business contains about 70,000 square feet including an amphitheater that seats 150, 64 offices, 11 classrooms, and workrooms for student projects. The school has about 1,100 undergraduate students, and also graduate programs with about 400 students leading to an MBA or an M.S. in Finance. The building was constructed in 1979 as the Center for Financial Studies in a unique partnership between the university and the National Association of Mutual Savings Banks. It served as a prize-winning conference center and was acquired to become the home of the School of Business in 1998. In 2000 it was named the Charles F. Dolan School of Business in recognition of Mr. Dolan's long-time service and philanthropy to the University. He and his wife Helen are the parents of two Fairfield graduates and are the honorary co-chairpersons of the capital campaign. Mr. Dolan is founder and chairman of Cablevision Systems Corporation, and is a trustee of the University.
9. Regina A. Quick Center For The Arts, dedicated in 1990, contains the 750-seat Aloysius P. Kelley, S.J. Theatre, the smaller Lawrence A. Wien Experimental Theatre or "Black Box," and the Thomas J. Walsh Art Gallery. The center supports the University's Visual and Performing Arts program and is a resource for the community. It was named for Regina A. Quick whose husband, a University trustee, and children provided support and initiative for the construction of the center.
10. Dimenna-Nyselius Library, opened in 1968 and renovated in 2001, honors the late Gustav and Dagmar Nyselius, and alumnus Joseph DiMenna. The library, which also houses the University Archives, provides access to over 750,000 print and e-books, more than 27,000 music and film titles, and offers a comprehensive array of subscription databases and e-journals in all disciplines which contain full-text articles of newspapers, journals, and magazines. All electronic resources are available 24/7. In addition, the library provides computer labs, an Information Commons, group study rooms, collaborative work areas, an instruction classroom, a multimedia auditorium, a café, and wireless connectivity. The Center for Academic Excellence and and the University's Writing Center are also located in the library.
11. Bannow Science Center houses classrooms, laboratories, and faculty offices for biology, chemistry, physics, psychology, and mathematics departments, as well as the Frederick W. Kelly, S.J. Computer Center. Opened in 1971, the science center was named for Rudolph Frederick Bannow (1897-1962), an industrialist active in community service in the Bridgeport area. It was renovated and expanded in 2001.
13. Barone Campus Center, opened in 1966, contains the multi-purpose Oak Room, dining halls, bookstore, mailroom, gameroom, banking machine, snack bar, and lounges. It also houses the offices of the Fairfield University Student Association, the student newspaper, yearbook and FM radio station, the offices of the Division of Student Affairs including the Office of the Dean of Students, the Office of Student Diversity Programs, and is the center for most club activities and organizations. It was named in 1992 in honor of Dr. John Barone, provost and faculty member for 42 years, and was renovated and expanded in 2001.
15. Leslie C. Quick Jr. Recreation Complex, completed in 1979, contains a 25-meter pool, multi-purpose courts, exercise rooms, and is open to students, faculty and staff. It also houses the intramurals office. In October 2002, it was named to honor the late Leslie Quick, generous benefactor and former chairman of Fairfield's Board of Trustees.
16. Berchmans Hall was completed in 1947, the first building constructed after the University was chartered. It is now a classroom and office building for Fairfield Prep. It was named for St. John Berchmans, S.J. (1599-1621), a Belgian Jesuit scholastic.
17. Xavier Hall, built in 1947, was the second building constructed for the University. It is now home to Fairfield Prep's administrative center and classrooms, and the University Media Center and the campus video network. The building was named for St. Francis Xavier, S.J. (1506-1552), who was born in Spain, and as one of the first seven Jesuits, served as a missionary in India, the East Indies, and Japan.
21. Mcauliffe Hall, built in 1896, was formerly used for Fairfield Prep classes. This building, the home of Oliver Gould Jennings and originally named Mailands, is located on one of the two estates acquired by the Jesuits in 1942 to create the Fairfield University campus. The hall was renamed for Maurice Francis McAuliffe, Bishop of Hartford, who in 1941 requested the Jesuits to found Fairfield University. It contains classrooms and laboratories of the School of Engineering, as well as the offices of the Finance Division, Purchasing and Central Stores.
22. Alumni House, completed in 2000, not only accommodates the offices of the alumni relations staff, but also provides the alumni association and the university community with meeting and event venues. The 9,600 square foot building was designed to harmonize with the French Chateau architectural style of McAuliffe Hall. It was also the first building on campus to be designed in-house. The facility was made possible through the support of the Alumni Association in partnership with the University.
23. The Levee is a one-story social gathering place for up to 150 students and others in the University community. It was completed in the spring of 1995. The name was chosen in a contest and is derived from the popular 1970s song "American Pie" by Don McLean.
26. Walsh Athletic Center, built in 1995 is located adjacent to the Alumni Field stadium and houses athletic offices and locker facilities. A major addition was completed in 1998, containing an academic center for 500 varsity athletes, a practice basketball court, weight and fitness room and athletic offices. The building was dedicated in honor of Thomas J. Walsh, Jr. and his family in October 1999.
28. Student Townhouse Complex is a series of 104 two-story student units that provide housing for 469 juniors and seniors. The townhouse complex which opened in 1982 includes 10 units named in honor of Jesuit martyrs: Townhouse #1, St. John de Brebeuf; #2, St. Noel Chabanel; #3, St. Anthony Daniel; #4, St. Charles Garnier; #5, St. Rene Goupil; #6, St. John de Lalande; and #7, St. Gabriel Lalement. The next three, built in 1984, are #8, St. John de Brito; #9, St. Paul Miki; and #10, St. John Ogilvie. Added in 1987 were five named for mathematicians who also have lunar craters named for them. #11, Roger Boscovich; #12, Christopher Clavius; #13, Athanasius Kircher; #14, Matteo Ricci; and #15, Christopher Scheiner. Another section of #12 was named for Teilhard de Chardin.
30. The Dolan Campus, the north portion of the University was acquired and renovated with the assistance of the Dolan Family Foundation and Helen and Charles Dolan, a trustee and a pioneer in cablevision. Purchased from the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur in 1989, the property contains three buildings:
A - John C. Dolan Hall combines the former Julie Hall built in 1959, and the Main Building of the Notre Dame property built in 1964. It houses 180 students and the Health Center and Counseling Services. Mr. Dolan (1884-1969) was known as a philanthropist with insight and a belief in helping those in need as well as the builders of the future.
B - David J. Dolan House, formerly named the Estate House and completed in 1930, is now the location of Continuing Studies programs. Mr. Dolan (1886-1943) was an inventor in the automobile and aircraft industries and was awarded the French Croix de Guerre for his service in the Marine Corps in World War I. Fairfield offers lifetime learning opportunities for adults with degree programs in the arts and sciences, business and nursing as well as short-term courses, non-credit certificate programs and professional development courses in many areas including interior design and management. Fairfield University also offers a wide range of Study Abroad courses for both credit and non-credit for the undergraduate student as well as the lifelong learner.
C - Thomas F. Dolan Commons, built in 1965 as the Sisters' chapel, houses the Office of Human Resources, Printing & Graphic Services, Communication Services and Computer & Networking Services. Mr. Dolan (1891-1973) was a pioneer in the transparent film packaging industry and founder of the Christopher Foundation which is responsible for many gifts to colleges, hospitals and related charities in the Cleveland area.
36. Jogues Hall, a residence hall for 296 students, was completed in 1968. It is named for St. Isaac Jogues, S.J. (1607-1646) who was born in Orleans, France. A Jesuit who worked among native Americans in Canada, he was killed near what is now Albany, N.Y. Jogues Hall also houses music practice rooms.
38. Regis Hall, a residence hall for 279 students, was completed in 1965. It honors St. John Francis Regis, S.J. (1597-1640), preacher and missionary to southern France and patron of the Social Apostolate.
39. Gonzaga Hall, built in 1957 primarily as a residence hall, houses 223 students, and contains an auditorium and the credit union, as well as the Department of Residence Life and Housing Student Support Services. The building is named for St. Aloysius Gonzaga, S.J. (1568-1591), born in Castiglione, Italy. He died while tending the sick during the Roman plague in 1591 and is the patron saint of youth.
40. Pepsico Theatre, built in 1922 as the garage on the Lashar estate, served as the campus Playhouse until 1990. It was renovated and renamed in 1994 in recognition of the PepsiCo Foundation's support of the University and now contains a small theatre/rehearsal area, and classrooms for drama, dance and set and costume design as well as a coffeehouse.
52. Village Apartments, a complex that houses 192 junior and senior students in 4-person units, opened in 2000.
A - 51 McInnes Road, a residence hall completed in 2011, features 4-, 6-, and 8-person apartments with double bedrooms, a living room, kitchen, dining area and 1-2 bathrooms.
B - Kostka Hall, a residence hall completed in 1970, features two-room suites for 180 students and is named for St. Stanislaus Kostka, S.J. (1550-1568), who was born in Poland and was recognized for his dedication to his faith.
C - Claver Hall, a residence hall with two-room suites for 192 students, was opened in 1972. It is named for St. Peter Claver, S.J. (1580-1650), a Spanish Jesuit who spent his life alleviating the suffering of black slaves in South America.