Graduate School of Education and Allied Profession Mission Statement
The Graduate School of Education and Allied Professions advances the mission of Fairfield University through the education and training of professionals who teach, counsel and serve the wider community. All of our various courses of study share a commitment to empower and ennoble the whole person through recognition of the Jesuit values of social responsibility and the affirmation of diversity.
Together, the departments of the School encompass a variety of perspectives which include preparing educators, psychologists and allied mental health professionals who:
- believe in the inherent worth and dignity of each person
- promote the well-being of individuals, couples, families and communities
- commit to serve a diverse society
- understand human behavior at individual, organizational and community levels
- understand the impact of information technologies on the individual, the family, the community, the nation and the world
- uphold the highest standards of professional conduct
The School strives for excellence in education, not only seeking knowledge for its own sake, but the application of that knowledge to the betterment of all. The overarching goal of the School is to promote and support our graduate students in the professional attributes of intellectual rigor, personal integrity, collaboration, informed decision-making, self-reflection and social responsibility in their commitment to those whom they serve.