Digital Services & Technology Planning
About the Department
The Department of Digital Services & Technology Planning provides information technology and infrastructure to support information services of the library. It plays a leading role in the transparent integration of digital initiatives with traditional library services. Digital Services & Technology Planning team members manage all aspects of library information technology, including:
- Providing user access to library resources with electronic resources available 24/7 to support research, teaching, and learning needs of the Fairfield community.
- Supporting a variety of library systems for staff to manage and deliver library resources and services, and assisting staff in the full utilization of their capabilities through functional support and custom development.
- Manage the library's online presence of the website and interfaces of e-resources for easy navigation and discovery of the resources.
- Managing computer hardware and application software refresh cycle, and providing technical support for public and staff computing needs.
- Exploring innovative ways to improve and enhance library services with a keen interest in emerging technology.