Connect from Off-Campus
- Go to the Library Databases page,
- Click on the database you want to search,
- Enter your NetID login/password when prompted.
The above procedures will work for databases with the mouse icons .
Databases with the key icons require specific database passwords.
From the Library Databases page, click on the key icon next to a database requiring a specific password. Enter your NetID login/password when prompted. This will retrieve a list of specific database passwords.
- Access to Library Databases from off-campus is available only to currently registered students, faculty, and staff of Fairfield University. If you have a valid NetID account, belong to one of the aforementioned user groups, and cannot access these resources, please try the following steps:
- Use NetID user name for example 'jsmith', not '12345678'.
- Reset your NetID password using netid.fairfield.edu as your password needs to be reset every 3 months.
- If still not working, please contact the Help Desk at (203) 254-4000 ext. 4069 or email@example.com to have your permissions (walk-in role) changed in the system.
Consult the Off-Campus Access Troubleshooting Guide (PDF) for additional problems connecting to Library services from off-campus.
For additional questions, Ask a Librarian 24/7.
Please feel free to search AccessMyLibrary as an alternative to our Library Databases while you are waiting for assistance with any connection troubles you may be having. AccessMyLibrary allows for free, online access to articles. The contents compare to our Library Database, InfoTrac OneFile. When you find an article, just choose Fairfield University as your Library and enter your University ID number to access the article.