How Do I Find Books, Movies or Music
Watch this short video that shows you how to find books, movies or music through the library's catalog. Or, scroll down to read instructions.
Learn more on Call Number.
- Go to the "Books/Media" tab on the library's homepage. Type the title, author or subject as a keyword. You can also search by actor, artist or genre.
- Using Louis Armstrong as an example, you can search on his name then filter content by books or ebooks to find books written by or about him.
- Click on CD to limit to music, or in some cases "audio online" for streaming music. These options will change based on what kinds of items the library has.
- To find movies or video select DVD, or in some cases "video online" for streaming video.
- The results will show you where an item is located, its call number and whether it is available. To find an item in the library, write down the call number, go the location specified and bring it and your Stagcard to the Circulation Desk.
- Online items like ebooks and streaming media can be accessed by clicking where it says "Click here to view."
- If you are not in the library use the "Request It" feature to have items retrieved and put on hold. If an item is listed as "Available" you will be notified by email within 36 hours when the item is ready for you to pick up at the Circulation Desk. If an item is currently checked out, the due date will be shown but you can place a hold or recall an item use "Request It" to get access sooner.
- You can search ReQuest to search just the libraries in Connecticut. With your Stagcard you can check books out at Fairfield Public Library during the school semesters.
- Search WorldCat and request the book from another library. Just click on the Interlibrary Loan button.
If you need more help ask a librarian.