Graduate Student Housing

res_kostka1Fairfield University is offering housing for full-time graduate students in several locations for the 2015-16 academic year. Graduate student housing options include independent off-campus houses and an apartment style residence hall (Dolan Hall).

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Do you offer on-campus graduate housing?
A: Fairfield University offers housing to graduate students both on and off campus. On-campus housing is offered in Dolan Hall which is an apartment-style residence hall where each student has their own bedroom, apartment bathroom, dining room, and living room and shares a common laundry room. Off-campus housing will be provided in select off-campus houses adjoining and owned by the university.

Q: Do you offer family and partner housing options?
A: At this time, the University does not offer family or partner housing. We only have single spaces available.

Q: Who can apply for housing?
A: All Fairfield University full-time and part-time graduate students are eligible to apply for graduate student housing. The Office of Residence Life gives priority graduate student housing on a first-come first-served basis.

Q: How do you apply for summer and academic year housing?
A: Please submit the completed online application by clicking on Graduate Student Housing Application‌.

Q: When can graduate students move in?
A: For the 2014-15 academic year, the lease with the University starts on August 30. However, accommodations can be made for those that need to arrive earlier. A nightly fee will be charged for additional nights in housing. For students starting in May, we will be able to provide temporary housing for the summer and then students can move into a permanent location in August.

Q: What amenities are included in graduate student housing?
A: Graduate students living in one of the houses adjoining campus or the apartment-style residence hall (Dolan Hall) will have access to a full kitchen as well as laundry facilities in the house.

Q: Am I required to have a meal plan if I live in graduate housing?
A: Students living off campus in a University-owned house or in an on-campus apartment will not be required to purchase a meal plan but may choose to do so by contacting the the StagCard Office.

Q: What are the housing and University policies for graduate students living on campus?
A: All graduate students are required to abide by University polices and procedures as well as the Residential Guidelines. Information regarding University and Residence Life polices can be found in the Student Handbook.

Q: How many people will I live with in graduate housing?
A: The number of housemates in the off-campus houses and on-campus apartments will vary based on the room selection.

Q: Can I request a roommate?
A: Graduate students may indicate a roommate preference but the Office of Residence Life makes no guarantees for preferential roommate selection due to limitations in space and availability.