oip_dorm2Undergraduate Students Housing Options

Fairfield University provides housing for full-time, matriculated undergraduate students. It is mandatory to live in residence halls during the first and second years at Fairfield; third- and fourth-year students are eligible for the lottery for townhouses, apartments, or off-campus housing. The Office of Residence Life can provide more information about on-campus housing (details on options and room amenities).

Second-year students have the option of joining Sophomore Residential Colleges, including the Ignatian Residential College, housed in Loyola Hall. The Ignatian Residential College is a community aimed at offering reflective support to sophomores on questions of identity, faith and the future. The Ignatian Residential College program lasts for a year.

Some third- and fourth-year students can apply to live off campus. These housing accommodations are not coordinated through the University and are leases between the students and private home owners.

If you are not used to living with a roommate, you have the option of living by yourself, but that is not recommended and it comes at a higher price.

oip_dorm1Exchange Students
Depending on the semester, and your length of stay, your housing placement will change. Most exchange students are placed either in the apartments or in the suites in Kostka Hall and Claver Hall. These accommodations are the same as are provided to undergraduate students.

Graduate Students
There is limited campus housing available on campus. Learn about the application process for graduate student campus housing.

If you are not living on campus, you must arrange your own living accommodations. The best way for graduate students to find housing is by contacting a real estate agent from the list below or through the internet. Websites like Craig's List provide a place for people to post and find roommates and places to live, as well as other goods and information.

Real Estate Listing

The campus mailroom is located on the second floor of the Barone Campus Center. In the same place you will find a large number of student mailboxes, one of which is assigned to every undergraduate and on-campus resident student. This mailbox will serve as your address in the United States for any purpose. Your address will read:

oip_dorm3Student's Name
Box # # # # 
Fairfield University
1073 North Benson Rd.
Fairfield, CT 06824

You will access your mailbox with a combination. Sometimes, international students share a mailbox with another student. The mailroom is open between 9:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. To receive large packages you will need to present your StagCard.

Housing during vacation periods
Some on-campus housing closes during certain periods of the year: Thanksgiving break (November), Christmas vacation (December-January), Spring break (March-April), and for the summer (May-September). Most American students go home for these academic breaks, while others plan vacations. International students are sometimes unable to make their way home for these breaks and are therefore allowed to stay on-campus, sometimes for an additional charge. You can do so by notifying the Area Coordinator of your on-campus housing site before break begins.

Residence Life

About Us →

Admission & Aid →

Academics →

Life at Fairfield →

Parents & Families →

Alumni & Friends →

Athletics →