Form I-20 Application
To secure a student visa, you will need to submit financial documentation to show you can cover the cost of tuition for one full year. Fairfield University encourages you to register with FundsV to submit your bank documentation. If your bank is represented with the FundsV network, then you may register (free of charge) for unlimited account balance verifications and access to a FundsV profile for one year. Your profile will only be accessible to the Office of International Programs staff, and will provide Fairfield University with enough financial documentation to issue your I-20.
If your bank if represented by the FundsV network you can register for a FundsV profile, which allows for unlimited bank account balance verification for up to 24 months.
All documents must be:
- Originals (we recommend you issue all documents in multiples so you can present originals to the Embassy or Consulate if requested)
- Current (no more than four months old)
- Written in English
- Notarized, or officially stamped
Acceptable forms of proof of financial capability:
- Bank Statement
- In your name ONLY. If another person's name appears on your bank statement, that person must complete a separate affidavit or submit a notarized statement permitting those funds to be considered as financial support for the student.
- Proof of Income (any of the following)
- Employer's salary statement on letterhead stationery with most recent pay stub
- If self-employed, salary estimate from accountant or attorney with most recent pay stub
- Income tax returns or receipts with most recent pay stub
- Pay stubs for last six months
- Proof of Property
- Provide photocopies of leases, deeds or rent receipts
- Please note that proof of property is not sufficient proof on its own. However, it is a good complement to bank statements and/or proof of income
What is an affidavit of support?
An affidavit is a promissory note to the U.S. government that you will provide this student with a specific amount of money from your own financial resources for each year the student will be enrolled at Fairfield University. You are proving with the attached documentation that you can afford such expenses. This document is a financial commitment to the student, and this commitment should not be broken. Keep in mind that the student will not be able to support the costs through employment in the United States.
- Complete the form in English. Promise only the amount you are able to give.
- Sign the affidavit in front of a notary public or the appropriate official.
Costs of studying at Fairfield
All costs are applicable for a single academic year between September and May.
Please send all application materials by fax or mail to:
Office of International Students
1073 North Benson Rd
Fairfield, CT 06824-5195
Fax: (203) 254-4261
Phone: (203) 254-4000 ext. 2445