Fall 2014 Transfer Students
Welcome to your new home! When you move into your new home on Sunday, August 31, 2014 (8:30 a.m.-11:45 a.m.) your journey at Fairfield begins. Please check in at the Office of Residence Life, located in the Barone Campus Center Lower Level, room 96.
Check back regularly as this site will keep you updated about everything you need to know regarding your transition to Fairfield University and becoming a Stag! When you arrive on campus you will move into your residence hall and meet with your assigned New Student Leader (NSL). They are excited for your arrival and can't wait to introduce themselves!
Below is a list of items to be completed in the Online Transfer Student Checklist. Remember to use your University NetID credentials to access to the checklist.
- StagAlert Information Update
- Register for Student Orientation
- Student Housing Application
- Parent/Guardian Information Form
- Request for Reasonable Accommodation Based on Disability (optional)
- Honor Code Signing
- Language Placement (Contact Office of Exploratory Academic Advising first)
- Immunization Requirement/Medical Report Form
- Student Handbook Acceptance
- Student Code of Conduct Quiz
- Student Personal Information Check
- Register your Computer
Parents/Guardians can assist students with the following checklist items:
- Parent/Guardian Information Form: The information shared facilitates parent/guardian involvement. For example, Student Affairs produces a monthly electronic newsletter especially for parents and guardians. The Campus Currents - Parents e-newsletter keeps parents/guardians apprised of general campus news and events. Parents/Guardians will automatically begin receiving the newsletter provided they submit their e-mail information.
- Request for Reasonable Accommodation Based on Disability (optional): Fairfield University is committed to providing qualified students with disabilities an equal opportunity to access the benefits, rights, and privileges of its services, programs, and activities in an accessible setting. Furthermore, in compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and Connecticut state laws, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified students to reduce the impact of disabilities on academic functioning or upon other major life activities.
- Immunization Requirement/Medical Report Form: Students must complete the Immunization Requirement Form and have it filed with the Health Center prior to the start of classes. Immunizations, which are mandated by Connecticut state law, are highlighted on the Immunization Form for full-time undergraduates. Students may not move into a residence hall or begin classes until all immunization requirements are met. This form is required prior to students' arrival on campus.
Transfer Student Guide. This is created to assist you during your first semesters at Fairfield. This book will serve as your 'go to' resource for everything Fairfield. It is packed with information regarding buildings on campus, academic planning, action items, office locations, and contact information. When you receive it, read the booklet thoroughly as it will help greatly with your transition and with any questions you may have.
Tranfer student move-in is scheduled for Sunday, August 31, 2014 (8:30 a.m.-11:45 a.m.). Room keys will be available in the Office of Residence Life located in the lower level of the Barone Campus Center. (Visit the last page of your Guide for suggestions about what to bring to campus.) Please visit our Move-In website for detail information.
Orientation is essential for all new students. Orientation occurs Sunday, August 31 - Monday, September 1, 2014 and allows new students to connect with each other and the Fairfield community before classes begin. Tranfer students move-in on Sunday, August 31, 2014 (8:30 a.m.-11:45 a.m.) and attend important sessions to prepare them academically and socially for the year to come. Highlights of Orientation include interacting with Resident Assistants, New Student Leaders, and attending a day-long exciting team-building excursion.