Student Health Insurance Plan
Fairfield University is pleased to offer our students the opportunity to enroll in an affordable, comprehensive health insurance plan for the 2015-16 policy year. This plan features:
- An unlimited policy year maximum
- Low annual deductibles: $100 in-network and $200 out-of-network
- Coverage at 80% in-network and 60% out-of-network
- In-network physician’s office visits covered at 100% after a $30 copay
- Preventive care services with no deductibles, copays or coinsurance (In-network only)
- The ability to locate providers whether at home, school, or throughout the country through the Aetna PPO Network
- Prescription drug coverage with low copays
- Coordination with the on-campus Student Health Center
- Pediatric Dental & Vision coverage up to age 19
- Worldwide coverage, including Medical Evacuation, Repatriation & Travel Assistance Services
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Coverage
- Wellness discounts, including Vision and Dental
For a complete description of the benefits available, limitations, and exclusions, please visit the Gallagher Student Health website.
All full-time undergraduate students are automatically enrolled in,
and billed for, the Student Health Insurance Plan.
If you are currently insured by a plan that provides comparable coverage, you can waive enrollment. Graduate and part-time students may enroll on a voluntary basis.
DEADLINE FOR WAIVER FORM
AUGUST 3, 2015
If an online waiver form is not completed by the deadline, you will remain enrolled in and billed for the Student Health Insurance Plan for the entire policy year.
Not all plans are considered comparable, such as out-of-state Medicaid plans, certain HMOs and managed care plans. Be sure your current insurance plan provides coverage and access to providers in Fairfield, Conn., before waiving coverage.
HOW TO WAIVE THE UNIVERSITY HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN
To waive the Student Health Insurance Plan for the 2015-16 policy year, have your insurance card available and follow the steps below:
- Log on to my.Fairfield
- Click on the student pull-down menu and click the Personal Information link
- From the Quick Links section on the left, click the Student Health Insurance Waiver link, and complete the form (the fields in red are required)
- Be sure to click the submit button on the bottom of the screen