2013-14 Fairfield University Student Injury & Sickness Plan
Enrollment in the Student Injury and Sickness Insurance Plan is required for all students registered for full-time, undergraduate studies. To ensure compliance with this policy, students are automatically enrolled in and billed for the Student Injury and Sickness Insurance Plan.
If currently insured, students can waive enrollment. Not all plans provide comparable coverage including out-of-state Medicaid plans, certain HMOs, and managed care plans. Students should check with their insurance company before waiving coverage.
Note: Non U.S.-based international coverage and short term coverage are not considered comparable insurance coverage.
Here are just a few benefits of enrolling in the Fairfield University Student Injury & Sickness Insurance Plan:
- Access to a comprehensive network of doctors, specialists, and hospitals close to campus and home
- Worldwide coverage as well as travel assistance, medical evacuation, and repatriation coverage
- No age restrictions
- Automatic enrollment into Gallagher Koster Complements, offering dental and eye wear discounts, and fitness services
- Policy maximum $500,000 per injury or illness
- Most benefits covered at 80% for in-network services
- Wellness covered at 100% in-network with no cost sharing (co-payments, co-insurance or deductibles)
- Prescription drugs covered up to the policy maximum
- United Healthcare is the new insurance carrier
- Preferred providers through the United Healthcare Choice PPO Network