Reflection Questions for Students
Advisors might ask students to consider these questions at certain times during the semester, as outlined in the advising schedule (PDF). Students can also take the initiative by reflecting on these questions prior to meeting with their advisors.
Early in the Semester
- How are things going?
- Has anything about Fairfield (or about this semester) surprised you so far? What is it? Why?
- What is your favorite class this semester? Why?
- What is your most challenging class this semester? In what way?
- How are you managing your time to be sure you're staying on top of your coursework?
- What have you learned about yourself this semester?
- Would you have done anything different in any of your classes this semester? What and why?
- What academic achievement are you most proud of this semester? Why?
- What classes are you considering taking next semester?
At Advising Period
- How were your midterm grades? Are you satisfied with your progress?
- (For first-year or sophomore students with declared majors) Are you still planning to major in ______?
- (For first-year or sophomore students who are still undecided) Do you have clearer ideas about what you might want to major in?
- What might your remaining semesters at Fairfield look like?
- Do you have any questions about minors? Internships? Research opportunities? Study abroad?
- What classes are you considering taking next semester? Why? Have your choices changed since you did the mid-semester reflection?
- Do you have any questions about your degree evaluation?