- Demonstrate effectiveness in planning and providing therapeutic nursing care, managing information and promoting self-care competence of culturally diverse individuals, families, groups and communities.
- Employ a variety of technologies and other therapeutic modalities with sensitivity for the provision of care.
- Make sound clinical judgments based on nursing science and related theory, using critical thinking and ethical decision-making.
- Demonstrate collaboration with peers, patient, healthcare professionals, and others within healthcare teams in the process of planning, delegating, implementing, and evaluating care.
- Communicate with clarity, purpose, and sensitivity using a variety of methods including technology.
- Identify clinical problems and apply research findings in order to promote evidenced-based and creative practice in nursing.
- Synthesize knowledge from the humanities and sciences in developing and providing care that is holistic, visionary, culturally competent, fiscally responsible, and socially relevant.
- Demonstrate accountability for professional growth, the provision of nursing care, and lifelong learning.
- Advocate for patients, consumers, and the nursing profession through involvement in the political process, and health/patient care policies and practices.