Baccalaureate Program Outcomes
- Demonstrate effectiveness in planning and providing holistic evidence-based nursing care for diverse individuals and populations.
- Create an environment for the provision of care within clinical microsystems with attention to quality, safety, information systems and health care ethics.
- Use clinical reasoning, critical thinking, and ethical decision-making based on nursing science, related theory, and current evidence, to inform the delivery of care across the lifespan.
- Participate in inter- and intra-professional communication and collaboration in partnership with individuals and populations to deliver evidence-based, patient-centered care.
- Translate knowledge from research, benchmarking, quality improvement and other relevant sources into practice to address health related problems.
- Synthesize knowledge from the humanities and sciences in developing and providing care that is guided by the values of altruism, autonomy, human dignity, integrity, global citizenship, and social justice.
- Demonstrate professional growth, through the cultivation of self-awareness, responsibility, accountability, creativity, leadership and commitment to lifelong learning.
- Advocate for patients, consumers and the nursing profession through involvement in the political process, and health/patient care policies and practices.