Academic Skills Development
Disability Support Services provides information and support to those students who are registered with the office and are in need of study skills assistance. Support available may include:
- Time Management and Organizational Skills
- Reading, Writing, and Presentation
- Effective Note Taking
- General Study Skills
Additionally, the University offers the following to the entire student body:
- Faculty Advisor
- Peer Tutorial Program through the Office of Exploratory Academic Advising.
- Counselors, Psychologists, and Campus Ministry Personnel
- Study Skills Seminars (special seminars for freshmen and for those who do not receive a 2.0 qpa after the first semester freshman year)
- Writing Center (tutors are available to help students work on any type of writing - from essays to lab reports). To make an appointment at the Writing Center, please call (203) 254-4000 ext. 2214, or go to the office in Donnarumma Hall Room 130.
- Mathematics Center - tutoring for statistics and first year calculus courses. Make an appointment online.
For more information, please stop by the Aloysius P. Kelley, S.J. Center or call us at (203) 254-4000 ext. 2615