Move-in and Fall Welcome
Fall Welcome, which occurs September 1-2, 2013, allows first-year students to reconnect with each other and the Fairfield community before classes begin.
First-year students move in on Sunday, September 1 and attend important sessions during the week to prepare them academically and socially for the year to come. Commuter students will begin attending Fall Welcome sessions starting at 1 p.m. on September 1.
Highlights of Fall Welcome include interacting with Resident Assistants, New Student Leaders, and Community Associates and attending a variety of sessions and events.
Welcome to the all important logistics relating to the move-in. Please ensure you review all materials, specifically traffic patterns, and arrival times.
Please enter the campus from the main entrance off North Benson Road
Upon entering campus:
- Transfer Students make an immediate left and then a right into the BCC Parking Lot. Please check-in at the Office of Residence Life - BCC 096 to pick up your key.
- Gonzaga Hall and Regis Hall make an immediate LEFT to bypass traffic on campus
- Campion Hall and Jogues Hall keep FORWARD
- Arrive at the unloading zone for your residence hall
- You will be given an "Arrival Time" card where you will provide your room number and cell number
- Time limit to unload car is 20 minutes
- Student checks in at arrival table to pick keys and welcome packet
- One person must remain with car at all times
- After unloading, please move car to any lot designated for move-in day parking (you will receive a map upon entering campus)
- Pick up your StagCard at the BCC Lower Level and enjoy the festivities below
To ensure a smooth check-in please adhere to arrival times:
8-11:45 a.m. Transfer Student Move-In
8-8:45 a.m. Students assigned to a 4th floor room
9-9:45 a.m. Students assigned to a 3rd floor room
10-10:45 a.m. Students assigned to a 2nd floor room
11-11:45 a.m. Students assigned to a 1st floor room and ground floor
What to Bring
Must-read for new students and parents
Find out where everything is on campus, including parking location and traffic patterns.
Fall Welcome Schedule
Fall Welcome schedule will be posted in July.