Academic Skills Development
Disability Support Services provides information and support to all students in need of study skills assistance. A study skills inventory serves as a guideline and indicator of the area(s) where students may need support services. We offer a variety of study skills sessions such as:
- Time Management and Organizational Skills
- Reading, Writing, and Presentation
- Effective Note Taking
- General Study Skills
Additionally, the University offers the following to the entire student body:
- Faculty Advisor
- Peer Tutorial Program
- Counselors, Psychologists, and Campus Ministry Personnel
- Study Skills Seminars (special seminars for freshmen and for those who do not receive a 2.0 qpa after the first semester freshman year)
- Writing Center (tutors are available to help students work on any type of writing - from essays to lab reports). To make an appointment at the Writing Center, please call (203) 254-4000 ext. 2214, or go to the office in Donnarumma Hall Room 130.
- Mathematics Center - tutoring for statistics and first year calculus courses. Make an appointment online.
For more information, please stop by the Aloysius P. Kelley, S.J. Center or call us at (203) 254-4000 ext. 2615