On This Page
Applying For Summer Financial Aid
The summer semester is considered to be the last semester or trailer semester of an award year. Federal student loans may be available to students planning to enroll for the summer semester provided the student:
- Will enroll for six credits in the summer semester,
- Has not used their total annual aggregate loan amount during the fall and spring semesters at Fairfield University or at any other institution,
- Will be matriculated into a degree-granting program,
- Has met all federal regulatory requirements,
- Is making satisfactory academic progress (SAP) as defined by Fairfield University
NEW student applicants who are applying for financial aid for the first time for the summer semester should complete the current and next academic years' FAFSAs. Contact the Office of Financial Aid for further instructions regarding the FAFSA.
CURRENT student applicants who have not used their total federal student loan award for the current academic year and would like to utilize their remaining loan(s) for a summer session, should submit a Loan Request Form. This form should be submitted to the Office of Financial Aid at least 24 hours prior to registration. Students can also use alternative loans for summer courses. Search for an alternative loan.
The FAFSA is only available online and should be signed electronically with an FSA ID. Fairfield University's Federal School Code for the FAFSA is 001385.
Note: Tuition and fees vary by program and by academic year. Please consult the Office of the Bursar with questions about payments and tuition/fees, or consult the Office of Financial Aid with questions about financial aid options.