The Parents Fund for Student Life & Career Services
On This Page
A Message From Fairfield’s Parents Leadership Council Chairs
Dear Fellow Fairfield University Parents and Guardians,
As your co-chairs of the Parents Leadership Council, we want to welcome you to Fairfield. You are part of a very special community!
In 2019, we knew Fairfield was the right choice for our son JT ’23 and we continue to be impressed by the teaching and learning, the commitment to Jesuit values, the remarkable and active alumni, and the infectious energy that radiates from this beautiful campus. We are grateful to be connected to the University, to share in our son’s experiences, and we invite you to do the same.
Fairfield continues to make strides with its dedicated faculty, new academic programs, focus on the holistic student experience, and exciting projects like the new Arena that will open this fall. Personally, we cannot wait to be back on campus to watch JT on the rugby pitch, especially since this will be his senior year. We look forward to visiting the new Arena and enjoying the energy that every activity on campus has to offer. Such positive opportunities exist because of the active participation of all members of the Fairfield community, including parents like you.
This year, we invite you to become involved in every aspect of your student’s University experience. Please consider serving as parent ambassadors, attending events, cheering at games, dining at the Tully Dining Commons, or making a philanthropic contribution that will improve the Fairfield experience for everyone, grow our pride, and enable continued innovation.
Thank you for being a part of the Fairfield University family and participating as a proud Stag parent.
Monica & John Thompson III P’23
Co-Chairs, Parents Leadership Council
Membership & Involvement
Parents Leadership Council Membership
By joining the Parents Leadership Council, your annual gift minimum of $5,000 to the Parents Fund provides you with many opportunities to be involved throughout your student’s four years at Fairfield University. Many current and former parents have become leadership donors, providing millions of dollars in support of our vibrant University.
Special Opportunities for Members
Members of the Parents Leadership Council (PLC) receive access to several benefits and automatically qualify for The President’s Circle membership. The President’s Circle giving society is a community comprised of Fairfield’s leaders in philanthropy, including alumni, students, and friends of the University, and local community members. Your member benefits from The President’s Circle with additional exclusive benefits through the PLC include:
- Invitations to several exclusive events and activities
- Annual update from the University President
- Opportunity to meet senior leadership at Parents Leadership Council events
- Strong network of dedicated Fairfield families
- Annual token of appreciation
- Frequent and personal communication from the Office of Parent Engagement and Philanthropy
- Access to 30+ sessions a year and Open Visions Forums at the Quick Center for the Arts
- Four tickets to any Athletics event OR annual Glee Club concert*
- Copy of book recommendations curated by University President Mark R. Nemec, PhD or other Fairfield U leadership
- Discount to the bookstore to be used online or in-store
Please contact the Office of Parent Engagement and Philanthropy at email@example.com with any questions about your member benefits or to reserve your tickets.
*Dependent on request time and availability. Must be requested two weeks prior to event and may not include specific tournaments, etc.
Four for Fairfield
Consider supporting your student and their class each year of their Fairfield journey. An annual Four for Fairfield commitment, fulfilled over a period of four years, will impact the following transformational areas of need:
The Parents Fund for Your Student’s School
The Parents Fund for the Areas of Greatest Need
The Parents Fund Honor Your Graduate Capstone Gift for Financial Aid
As a PLC Four for Fairfield supporter, your multi-year gift will follow and benefit a class of students throughout their four-year education and provide you with many benefits including:
- An annual report with highlights of the students in your sponsored class
- Recognition as a member of the Parents Leadership Council giving society
- Exclusive invitations to special donor events
- Special communications from the President and opportunities to network with University leaders
- No cost access to virtual programming at the Quick Center for the Arts
|Annual Gift 1||Annual Gift 2||Annual Gift 3||Annual Gift 4||Total Amount Pledge|
|The Parents Fund for Student Life & Career Services||The Parents Fund for Your Student’s School||The Parents Fund for the Areas of Greatest Need||The Parents Fund Honor Your Graduate Capstone Gift for Financial Aid|
Many giving options are available and include gifts of securities that may provide tax advantages and recurring monthly gifts.
Contact us for more information.
Ellen Dooley ’85, MBA, P’23
Director, Parent Engagement & Philanthropy
firstname.lastname@example.org | (203) 254-4000 x3276
Ways to Get Involved
As Parents Leadership Council members you are our best Parent Ambassadors and can participate in helping our students and the entire community in the following ways:
- Reach out to new Fairfield University families to welcome them and answer questions
- Invite other parents to support the University with a gift of any size to the Parents Fund
- Host and/or attend summer student and parent welcome receptions and other events with parents in your area
- Make calls to thank parent donors for their support of the Parents Fund
- Serve as ambassadors of the University in your community and in the Fairfield University community
- Make connections for the Career Development Office and support them with internships and job shadow opportunities for students
Parent Leadership Council Welcome Breakfast
October 22, 2022
Parents Leadership Council Experience
February 5, 2023
For more information, please contact:
Parent Engagement & Philanthropy