On This Page
Admission & Deadlines
ASDNU programs in both Fairfield, CT and Austin, TX are on a rolling admissions basis and encourage application submissions well in advance of the official application deadlines. After completed online applications have been received (with all required support materials), the ASDNU Admission Committee will send out admission notifications within two weeks.
UPCOMING ASDNU COHORT START DATES:
- ASDNU Fairfield, CT: May 20, 2024
Application Deadline: December 15, 2023
- ASDNU Austin, TX: May 20, 2024
Regular Application Deadline: March 1, 2024
- ASDNU Austin, TX: January 21, 2025
Regular Application Deadline: November 1, 2024
Applicants to the Accelerated Second Degree BSN program at the Egan School of Nursing and Health Studies should send original supporting application materials that cannot be uploaded into the online application to:
Part-Time and Continuing Studies Admission
1073 North Benson Rd
Fairfield, CT 06824-5195
- Completed Online Application Form: Complete the online application. After you have submitted your application, you can use this site to track the status of your application and check if your supporting documents, such as transcripts and recommendations, have been received.
- Professional Resume: Applicants are required to submit a current resume that includes employment and education history.
- Personal Statement: All ASDNU applicants are required to write a 700-1000 word statement (approximately two pages) from a prompt posted in the application portal.
- Official transcripts verifying completion of an undergraduate bachelor's degree. (All foreign transcripts must be evaluated by an approved evaluating service.) All official transcripts must be sent either electronically to email@example.com or via U.S. mail from the college/university applicants attended, directly to Fairfield University.
- Two Recommendation Forms and Letters, one of which must be, preferably, from a current employer or supervisor. Recommendations are completed online and you will need to enter the email address of your recommender.
Measles and Rubella Immunization (Fairfield ASDNU program ONLY):
Connecticut law requires that students born after December 31, 1956 provide proof of measles and rubella immunization. Although this is not required to complete an application, you must provide proof of immunization prior to course registration. Please keep in mind that this process can take some time, and that you must be in compliance before registration. Immunization verification information should be submitted directly to the University's Health Center.
- Certificate of finances in U.S. dollars. Bank seal and official bank signature is required on bank letterhead.
- Certified English translations and course-by-course evaluations from approved evaluators of all academic records.
- TOEFL test results if student's native language is not English. Fairfield's ETS code is 3390. (composite score of 550 for the paper test, 80 for the Internet based test is recommended, or or IELTS score of 6.5)
Evaluation of Foreign Credentials for Admission
If you are applying for admission to the Accelerated Second Degree BSN Program and have earned your undergraduate degree outside of the United States, please arrange to submit an evaluation of your coursework for your application file. Our preferred evaluator is World Education Services, Inc. but we will also accept evaluations from Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. You will need to contact the evaluator directly for an evaluation application. Please request a detailed evaluation (a course-by-course evaluation) in English of your academic records and also request that an official copy of your evaluation be mailed directly to your application file at the following address:
Office of Part-Time and Continuing Studies Admission
1073 North Benson Road
Fairfield, CT 06824-519
World Education Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 745
Old Chelsea Station
New York, NY 10113-0745
Telephone: (212) 966-6311 or toll free 1-800-937-3895
Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
P.O. Box 514070
Milwaukee, WI 53202-3470
Telephone: (414) 289-3400
International Transfer Students
International transfer students currently in the US with an F-1 Visa and attending another institution must submit the following documentation in addition to the above application requirements 30 days prior to the start of the semester:
- A copy of the student's unexpired passport visa
- A copy of the I-94 Arrival/Departure Record (the small, white card stapled into the passport)
- Copies of the previous I-20's issued to the student by other institutions
- SEVIS Transfer form
Prerequisite Course Requirements
Before starting the program, all ASDNU students must have completed four courses or 12 credits, in any combination, in these subject areas with a grade C or better:
- Visual & Performing Arts
Within the last ten years, all ASDNU students must have completed the following courses with a grade B or better:
- Human Anatomy & Physiology I and II (with labs)
- Microbiology (with lab)
- Chemistry (with lab)
- Developmental Psychology