How to Apply

On This Page

How to Apply

We want to make your Fairfield education as affordable as possible. To be considered for financial aid, you will need to file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and a CSS Profile. Our School Codes for the FAFSA and CSS Profile are 001385 and 3390 respectively.  If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Financial Aid.    

Prospective and Incoming Students

Students who are US Citizens or Eligible Non-Citizens are eligible to receive a financial aid package, which can include federal, state, and institutional awards, if they complete the following steps by January 15.

  1. File the FAFSA and CSS Profile by the Application Deadline. Both the FAFSA and the CSS Profile are available on October 1. Completing both forms at the same time will help ensure that the financial data is consistent on the two applications.
    • To complete your FAFSA, you must obtain an FSA ID.
    • Report financial data from two years prior. To simplify the process, please provide consent, and if eligible, utilize the Future Act Direct Data Exchange (FA-DDX), to have your IRS tax information imported directly into the FAFSA.
    • To complete your CSS Profile, you must create a user ID and password, if one was not created during your SAT application process.
    • Like your FAFSA, you will report financial data from two years prior on your CSS Profile application.
  2. Respond to requests for additional information in a timely manner.
  3. If the FAFSA, the CSS Profile, and all required documentation is received by the stated deadlines, applicants will receive their financial aid packages by:
    • Early Decision: January
    • Early Action: January/February
    • Early Decision II: February
    • Regular Decision: March
  4. Noncustodial PROFILEs* must be submitted no later than March 31 (*if applicable).

Current and Continuing Students

Current and continuing students only need to complete the CSS Profile at their time of application and admission to Fairfield University. Students do not need to complete the CSS Profile every academic school year. The university need-based aid that was finalized during the student's freshman year will be applicable to the student for eight consecutive semesters, starting with the fall semester of their freshman year. Full time enrollment of at least 12 credits per semester and maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) is required for university need-based aid.

Federal aid must be reapplied for every academic year and is not guaranteed year-over-year. Current and continuing students should follow the below guidelines every academic school year to determine federal eligibility:

  • Complete the FAFSA aplication by April 15.
  • Submit additional information (if needed) no later than August 1st.
  • Maintain at least half-time enrollment (6 credits) per semester.
  • Demonstrate financial need for need-based federal aid.

Current and continuing students will be notified via their university email of their financial aid awards in June.

Noncustodial PROFILE

While divorce or separation may complicate the extent to which one or both parents can contribute financially to college, it does not absolve either parent of this obligation. Our policy for determining the financial need of students whose parents are divorced or separated derives from the central principle that both parents are responsible for the support of their children to the extent that they are financially capable.

In cases of divorce or separation, the parent who provides more than 50% of the student's financial support in the last 12 months is responsible for completing the FAFSA and CSS Profile. If this parent is remarried, the step-parent's information must also be reported on these applications. Fairfield University requires that the noncustodial parent (NCP) complete the Noncustodial PROFILE by the stated deadline.

If the noncustodial parent is unable to complete the Noncustodial PROFILE on a student's behalf, Fairfield may consider waiving this requirement in extraordinary circumstances. In order to start the waiver appeal process, all first year applicants (and custodial parents) should complete and submit the Noncustodial Parent PROFILE Waiver Appeal Form, with supporting documentation, to the Office of Financial Aid no later than March 31.


Search Results