On This Page
How To Apply
We want to make your Fairfield education as affordable as possible. To be considered for financial aid, you will need to file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and a CSS Profile. Our School Codes for the FAFSA and CSS Profile are 001385 and 3390 respectively. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Financial Aid.
Prospective And Incoming Students
Students who are US Citizens or Eligible Non-Citizens are eligible to receive a financial aid package, which can include federal, state, and institutional awards, if they complete the following steps by January 15.
1. File the FAFSA and CSS Profile by the Application Deadline. Both the FAFSA and the CSS Profile are available on October 1. Completing both forms at the same time will help ensure that the financial data is consistent on the two applications.
- To complete your FAFSA, you must obtain an FSA ID.
- Report financial data from two years prior. To simplify the process, please use, if eligible, the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) to bring in your tax data into the FAFSA.
- To complete your CSS Profile, you must create a user ID and password, if one was not created during your SAT application process.
- Like your FAFSA, you will report financial data from two years prior on your CSS Profile application.
2. Respond to requests for additional information in a timely manner.
3. If the FAFSA, the CSS Profile, and all required documentation is received by the stated deadlines, applicants will receive their financial aid packages by:
- Early Decision: January
- Early Action: January
- Early Decision II: February
- Regular Decision: April
Continuing And Current Students
All attempts are made to renew aid at the previous year’s level provided that the student meets the following guidelines:
- All applications (both the FAFSA and the CSS Profile) are completed by April 15.
- Request for additional information is submitted in a timely manner.
- Full-time enrollment is maintained.
- A financial need for need based aid is demonstrated.
- Availability of institutional funds at the time your application becomes complete.
Students who have completed their applications by April 15 and submit all requested documents in a timely manner will be notified via email of their financial aid awards in June.