Forms and Resources

On This Page

Forms and Resources

Requesting a Withdrawal

Voluntary Withdrawal

Students applying for a voluntary withdrawal (for non-medical reasons) must contact their appropriate Academic Dean's Office in writing and set up a meeting to facilitate the withdrawal process and to discuss any future plans to return to the University. The institutional refund policy applies.

  • College of Arts and Sciences, CNS 100, ext. 2221
  • Academic and Career Development, Kelley Center, ext. 2222
  • Dolan School of Business, DSB 1125, ext. 3230
  • Egan School of Nursing & Health Studies, Egan School 102, ext. 4150
  • School of Engineering, BNW 167, ext. 4147

Medical Withdrawal

Students who wish to withdraw from Fairfield University for medical reasons may request and be considered for a medical withdrawal when extraordinary circumstances prevent that student from continuing with classes. Medical withdrawals cover both physical as well as mental health difficulties. Students are expected to remain away for at least a full semester (fall or spring) after a medical withdrawal before seeking readmission, unless deemed otherwise by the director of the Student Health Center or Counseling & Psychological Services. The institutional refund policy applies. All withdrawal policies are found in the Academic Course Catalogs.

To discuss withdrawing as a student for medical reasons, contact the Student Health Center (203) 254-4000, ext. 2241, Counseling & Psychological Services (203) 254-4000 ext. 2146, or the Office of the Dean of Students (203) 254-4211.

Search Results